Coinbase is the world’s largest Bitcoin broker. They represent an easy and fast way for new users to purchase bitcoins. Coinbase supports customers in over 30 countries, including the United States, Europe (besides Germany), UK, Singapore, Canada, and Australia.
Customers in the above-mentioned countries can purchase bitcoins by credit card, debit card, bank transfer, SEPA transfer, and more.
- High liquidity and buying limits
- Easy way for newcomers to get bitcoins
- “Instant Buy” option available with credit card or debit card
- Purchases made with bank transfer can take up to 5 days to complete
- Coinbase may track how and where you spend your bitcoins
Luno is a Bitcoin exchange with a presence in South Africa, Singapore, Nigeria, Malaysia and Indonesia. It offers 0% fees for market makers, meaning you can avoid fees if you place a buy order then wait for a seller to take it.
Luno also offers an Instant Buy feature.
- One of the most trusted Bitcoin exchanges in Asia
- Free deposits and low withdrawal fees
- Low fees; 0% for market makers and only 0% – 1% for market takers (depending on fiat currency)
- High to infinite limits for exchange, depending on verification level
- Users should not store bitcoins in Luno’s wallet service
- Limited deposit options, usually only bank transfer, and no credit/debit card options
Coinbase’s exchange, GDAX, is one of the largest Bitcoin exchanges in the United States. Users can fund their accounts via bank transfer, SEPA, or bank wire. GDAX offers good prices and low fees, but their confusing user interface may initially prove difficult to navigate.
- Some of the lowest fees available for US and EU customers
- Possible to buy bitcoins for 0% fees
- User interface is confusing for first time buyers
- Sending bitcoins directly from GDAX to any legally-questionable site may result in closure of your account
CoinHako is a Bitcoin broker based in Singapore, backed by investors from the USA. They accept bank transfers from Singapore or Malaysia and international bank wires. You can also top up your CoinHako account using Xfers, which allows you to buy bitcoins within 10 minutes.
- Super fast way to purchase bitcoins in Singapore
- Fees are reasonable at 0.9%
- Small amounts of bitcoin may be purchased without verficiation
- Trusted and established exchange
- Not private for larger amounts since identity verification is required
- Xfer limit is only 100 SGD without verification
- Other payment methods have a limit of 200 SGD without verification
FYB-SG is a Bitcoin exchange based in Singapore, the first to be established there. You can fund your exchange account via online bank transfer for a 0% fee or via cash deposit.
- Low fees; exchange only charges 0.6% per trade
- Market makers receive a 50% fee discount for a super low 0.3% fee
- Instant deposit and withdrawal options for SGD
- Not private since identity verification is required, this process can be as quick as 30 minutes
- Single payment method